Sunday, May 15, 2005

on the subject of honesty . . .

Honesty is something I greatly appreciate. And it's a courtesy that I expect returned. I guess I expect too much.

Timing is a part of honesty, too, because if a person is allowed to go a certain amount of time thinking something while another person knows it isn't correct, and that person allows more than a justifiable amount of time to pass without fixing the misconception, then dishonesty has taken place.

Emily admired me for having an agenda and making it somewhat known. I guess that's where I went wrong, though.

I shouldn't feel like I have to apologize for being honest and upfront with others about my feelings. I'm sick of playing the games, and that's one of the biggest ways to put a stop to it--to finally share the truth of our feelings with others. But I really don't like that somebody else has construed it that I should apologize for being honest with him.

It made him uncomfortable.

Honesty never has been, or will be, something that I will apologize for. I can apologize for the effects of that honesty, but the actual telling of it is never a mistake. The effects in this case being that I made someone uncomfortable.

Well, heaven forbid. Welcome to this world. If that's the worst wound you come out of this with, then life has plenty of surprises left for you. Don't go cryin home to momma.

0 comments: