Sunday, May 14, 2006

We Only Come Out At Nite

I guess I'm an insomniac again tonite. I must have gotten five drinks of water and gone to the bathroom ten times before I finally decided to just be up at 4 in the morning. I'm currently waiting for the couch to dry so that I can at least just watch a movie. I literally can't turn my brain off. The little mundane lists of things to be done just won't leave me alone. And on top of that, I've got about ten songs running thru my mind. Luckily I'll see my mom tomorrow and she'll be a dear and hook me up with some of her sleeping pills so that I won't find myself in this same situation 24 hours from now. I can tell my body's tired--I keep yawning and having to stretch my muscles, but my head won't let it sleep. It's actually kind of ironic for me to be complaining about this. This last year of my life has been the first year in about ten that I haven't preferred the night time. I used to think that I would just live my life that way. Who put all the morning people in charge anyway, right? tee hee. I think I just saw a spider in the shadow out of the corner of my eye.

2 comments:

rph said...

More rainbows and sunshine from Christie!!!

chrishley said...

Is that a slash at the pessimism that pervades my life?