Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Eulogy to a Kiss

Today I receive my "repented VLs," a term coined by Stacie meaning that it's been one solid year since I've kissed anyone. She was pretty proud of herself when she got hers. I remember feeling pretty confident that I would never get mine. In fact, in my 5 and a half years of kissing, I've never really even come that close before this, and now I'm not pleased with the situation at all. There have been opportunities to kiss people throughout this last year, believe you me, but they just haven't been right enough, meaning primarily that these boys had not fulfilled my kissing criteria. My kissing criteria is a boundary that I enforced on myself about two and a half years ago when I realized that the older I become, the easier it is to just go kiss some guy just because. Basically, it's to prevent myself from becoming a slut. It seems that my beloved criteria has now perhaps pushed me to the other extreme and made me a nun. I will kiss someone again someday, I think.
But you know what really sickens me? When a person can't even remember the names of all the people they've kissed. I make it a point to remember the FULL name. I could even recite them to you right now, if you like. My kissing criteria has also pretty effectively prevented me from ever becoming someone else's nameless kiss. I suppose maybe that's a small price to pay for a year of prudehood.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please recite them.

rph said...

i'm just a notch in your bedpost...

Anonymous said...

And what was I...chopped liver? Don't you remember that night you spent in my arms only last month. You said you would never forget me. And I loved you.

rph said...

psycho...

Maggie said...

I'm interested to know your criteria.

Ronnie said...

Richard, I was talking to you, you big hunk of burnin love.

Russ said...

I sense definite man-crush.

Ronnie said...

No, it's not a man-crush...it's called man-lust.

rph said...

Yeah Russ! And the feeling's mutual....so back off! Jealous!

rph said...

Seriously though, and not to bag on Christie's blog, because it is great, but who would use the word 'inquisitive' to describe this blog? I mean, is that really the most flattering word you could come up with? Do you use that one on the ladies at the bars? "Hi, I've noticed you, I find you very inquisitive. Wanna shag?" If any called my blog inquisitive I'd probably kick them in the crotch.